Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My Workshop at Kennedy Art


I had a lovely day on Saturday doing my demo and workshop at Kennedy Art in Dublin.
Our model was an old friend and it is always a pleasure working with her, and the group of students attending were a terrific bunch.
Every one worked hard and achieved very impressive results.
You can see the progress of my sketch above but unfortunately I didn't get to spend as much time on it as I would have liked. I ended up adding the dress and backgound afterwards as well as fiddling a bit with the contrast.
I never recommend working on a piece after the model has gone, but then I'm not great at taking my own advice.
I am doing another workshop at Kennedy Art on the 8th of June where I will get to spend at least two hours painting.
It's already booking up so contact Kennedy's if you'd like to come along. 
ph  + 353 (1) 475 1749
info@kennedyart.com 




1 comment:

Sadami said...

Dear PJ,
Lovely. I wish I could join it. BTW, any watercolourist? Have a wonderful time!!
Kind regards, Sadami