Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Old Man in the Library

I like posting some of my illustrations from years ago.
This was one I well remember doing as a portfolio piece in those difficult months just after I leaving college.
In terms of subject matter I can only say that it was heavily influenced by Mervyn Peake's Gormenghast books.
Back in those days I was still trying to develop my own technique and I was using a very dominant black ink line over which I would apply watercolours.
I'm still very fond of this illustration.

2 comments:

Tony Marine said...

P.J. You contacted me at my blog, but I never check those emails! It's been a while. Please refresh my memory as to what we were talking about! :)

Teresa Rodriguez said...

Not enough words to express how much I love this!! Ink line and watercolor always pull at my heart.