Friday, November 30, 2012

The Story of Britain is shortlisted for the ALCS award


I was delighted to hear that The Story of Britain, by Patrick Dillon with illustrations by me has been shortlisted for the The Society of Authors ALCS award.
Obviously the shortlisting is primarily due to Patrick's wonderful prose, but I am hoping I might tag along next month to the prize giving event which is at the Houses of Parliament in London.
Our publisher, Walker Books, has another title among the four short-listed, so the chances of a celebration are good.
Above is the cover of the paperback version of The Story of Britain which is due out next year.

2 comments:

Sophie said...

Just wanted to leave a comment saying I'm so glad I've found your blog!
Your version of Oscar Wilde's The Happy Prince was one of my favourite books as a child, and I've loved your work ever since.
I hope to reach such a level of skill!

PJ Lynch said...

Many thanks for that Sophie.
I saw your blog and the work is super. Best of luck with your career
Regards PJ