Monday, June 18, 2012

Enchanting Cologne

I've just returned from a wonderful trip to Cologne in Germany.
The indefatigable Uschi Schröter and her team at SK Stiftung Kultur organised for a group of Irish writers and illustrators to come over for their annual Children's Literature Festival.
This year it was entitled "Enchanted Ireland".





The Cathedral is breathtaking.


A visit to the Käthe Kollwitz Museum was a highlight for me.
I was dissappointed to find the museum closed when I got there, but a sweet lady, who was setting up the next exhibition, very kindly brought me in so that I got the gallery all to myself.
For those of us who admire great draughtsmanship, Käthe Kollwitz is at the top of the list.


Uschi, Ulricka and Oisín with me at the "Enchanted Ireland" Exhibition in the Altes Pfandhaus.


We were spread out over a couple of weeks so that I missed my old pals and Laureates Na nOg Siobhan Parkinson and Niamh Sharkey, but I was delighted to be able to spend some time with Marie-Louise FitzPatrick and her husband, Micheal Emberley, as well as Oisín McGann and Judi Curtin.


The best part though, was meeting and drawing with so many lovely German children, and getting to work and hang out with my wonderfully talented interpreter Caroline.

8 comments:

toko tenun ikat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
toko furniture jepara said...

very amazing post, I like It, Thank you for presenting a wide variety of information that is very interesting to see in this artikle, good job adnd succes For you

paket wisata karimunjawa said...

Thank you for presenting a wide variety of information that is very interesting to see in this artikle, good job adnd succes For you

mebel jati jepara said...

I like It, Thank you for presenting a wide variety of information that is very interesting to see in this artikle, good job adnd succes For you

kain tenun said...

is amazing post i like it,, succes for you..

Unknown said...

ood Job, Thank you for presenting a wide variety of information that is very interesting to see in this artikle

meja belajar |
meja belajar anak |
meja komputer minimalis |
rak buku |
lemari buku |
rak buku minimalis |
rak buku jati |
rak buku mewah |
kursi tamu |
sofa box telepon |
kursi malas jati |
sofa bed keluarga |
bangku jati minimalis |
meja rias sederhana |
meja rias antik |
meja rias ukiran jepara |
meja make up |
meja rias putih |
meja rias minimalis |
meja rias antik |
furniture anak |

Unknown said...

I really liked this part of the article, with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know... you need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this, Success for you.

firoz mahmud said...
This comment has been removed by the author.