Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Ghost of Christmas Present: Blocking In


I got a lot done on my Christmas painting yesterday, which is a good thing because I have no idea if the conditions in Hodges Figgis window will be conducive to doing decent work.
At least it's a nice typical Irish overcast day, so the lighting should be OK until 4.30 at least.
Anyway, we will be shipping the painting (very wet!) over in the next half an hour if we can get it down three sets of stairs here.
I’m looking forward to getting to work in a bookshop.

3 comments:

laura h said...

So glad you're taking the time to show the progress. It's exciting! Also happy that you chose this picture - your ghosts are beautiful (lyrical and haunting - but that's goofy to actually say), but I like the happier parts of Christmas Carol. Good luck! Watching eagerly.

C.V. said...

I love to see the progress. It has something magical.

PJ Lynch said...

Many thanks Laura and CV,
I'm afraid I can't take decent pix of my painting now because of the shop window. For the same reason it is very hard to judge if I am holding the composition together properly.
I'll try to piece it together with smaller photos maybe.
All the best PJ