Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The National Library of Ireland's Prints and Drawings Collection


Someone contacted me recently about a picture that they had seen in the National Library of Ireland's Prints and Drawings Collection.
Under the directorship of the wonderful Dr Pat Donlon, the NLI acquired a large collection of my original work, which they have added to over the years. Pat was very keen to get hold of preliminary drawings and unused paintings from right at the start of my career.
The ink line drawing pictured here is from "WB Yeats: Fairy Tales of Ireland".

3 comments:

Amal said...

Belated congratulations! Wonderful to have the cohesiveness of a collection of your work from start till present.

I love this drawing! Especially the sweet little old lady left of the prince. She sort of steals the show for me.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

PJ Lynch said...

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it......I hadn't even noticed the sweet little old lady....it has been a long time since I drew this one.
All the best
PJ