Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Back to the Drawing Board


It was great to get back drawing portraits at the Arts Club last Friday.
Many thanks to my blogosphere friend Aladine who braved the depths of the Arts Club basement to get us started.
It was great to meet Aladine and her friend John in the flesh.
Here's my twenty five minute sketch of her...I don't think I quite did her justice.

I did another four or five drawings upstairs in the bar and there was mighty craic as the Culture night crowd surveyed the club.
I did another couple of drawings yesterday of one of my favourite models, Giuseppe.



They aren't portraits, but as sketches I think they capture a little of Giuseppe's spiritual nature.

4 comments:

Sadami said...

Dear PJ,
Ahhh! I wish I could come! All very sensitive drawings and I love them all. Thank you for sharing them.
Kind regards, Sadami

yaamas said...

I love that sepia one, PJ. It looks like it was a very successful night. Thank you for sharing.

Robert said...

The bottom one is brilliant.

PJ Lynch said...

Many thanks guys
PJ